Monday, 29 September 2008

Stirling Castle, Castle of Magic

Last weekend (well, the one before last), I drove to Stirling Castle. They were putting on several 'magic' shows, I have a free membership, so I figured I may as well go! It was actually TONS of fun. They had three main stages going, along with magicians, balloonists, and face painters walking around.

I pretty much stuck with two stages. They had one outside for kids, and another one more for adults. In the adult one, the magician pulled me out of the audience as a helper. He was a mind reader. We all drew a picture, and based on our body language, he told us if we had drawn the picture. Later that day, I saw him again, and he signed my picture!!

Since the adult one was inside, I didn't take very many pictures. The kid stage was great though. I am always impressed with these guys who can entertain and do magic in front of kids.

This first guy was German and I was a little surprised about him... He was a great magician, he is making this little girl's mother's wedding ring disappear into several boxes each wrapped in elastic bands. He actually had the little girl do the magic. Anyway, while the little girl was taking the elastics off of the boxes, he said, "Oh, I like these long magic tricks, because then I can have a sip of my beer". Then he reached over and had some of a beer he had sitting behind him. It was a little odd to me, but super funny at the same time!



This next guy was really good too. I saw him both times he performed. Here, he pulled out a dummy and was doing a little ventriloquy work. I will (try) to post a video of him!


Here he is again, this time, his little helper is less than thrilled about dressing up like a mum. At the end of each act, he made a magnificent balloon hat for his helpers. He was great!




On my way out, I decided to take some pictures of the surrounding area. Stirling is one of my favorite places, and since the castle sits on a hill, you get a beautiful view!!






On the way home, I tried to roll up my passenger side car window and I heard a HORRIBLE grinding and cracking noise. My window stopped working. I wasn't sure exactly what to do, so I went to a shopping centre that I have been wanting to go to. After shopping, I went home and my flatmate helped me pull it up a little bit and then we taped a black "bin" (garbage) bag over the crack in the window to keep the moisture out.

and I thought I could get through a day with out a random adventure...

No comments: